Las Vegas, Nevada

(I wish there was an option for half a star because that's all I'd give this guy... and that's generous.)

DO NOT HIRE THIS CREW UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED WITH LOTS OF HEADACHE MEDICATION. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. #1 IN HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, IN MY OPINION. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME:

Tim Hanlon's crew landscaped my back yard in Oct 2009. I had difficulty getting him here after I paid my deposit which was 50% of the total job. No phone calls explaining the hold-up and very hard to get to answer his phone. Finally made contact, gave me several excuses as to why there wasn't communication on his end. Eventually the job was completed, about a week and a half later than the proposed start date. I was somewhat happy with the work. He didn't estimate the proper amount of rock needed for the job so there are some bare spots, but I let that one go. On his last visit to the house (which was only about one week after the job was completed) I showed him that one of the trees was already dying. He checked it and cut it open with his pocket knife and said, "Oh, no, this tree is still fine it is still green inside. Let's see if it pulls through to the spring. Give me a call then if it doesn't." Not completely happy with his answer I trusted his judgement and expertise over my own and waited until the spring. When I called him in May he explained that they only had a 90 day policy for their work. I asked him then why did he instruct me to wait until the spring (when he knew full well that my 90 days would be up). He told me he was sorry and that he would be by to check on the tree by the end of the week. (This was the first week in May) Since then I have tried to call him several times over again. I have left him several messages (that he never seems to get because he is always having phone problems), and each time I do reach him he always seems to give me the same answer, "OK, I'll have someone out there by the end of the week". I've even emailed him pictures of the dead tree when he asked me too. Still no response. I have called his bluff several times but nothing seems to be getting done. It is now reaching the end of July and still I am getting the same answer from him with the same result. Empty promises. (Getting this replaced will not cost him a dime getting another tree. All of the nurseries here have a one-year free replacement policy if their product dies no matter what. All he has to do is supply the labor but that seems to be too much for him.) Nothing but empty promises and excuses with this guy.

I have also just discovered that his business merged with another business or got bought out or something. The business Tim Hanlon is working for now is call Advantage Landscaping, so I'd stay away from them too.

Had an Experience with Green Lawn Care and Landscape?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion